ENGAGE BEYOND: SUBSTANCE ABUSE
FOCUSED ON AGES 13-17
Engage Beyond is our Intensive Outpatient Program (IOP) for teens struggling with the symptoms of substance abuse in addition to depression, anxiety and other mood disorders. Our wrap-around approach combines multiple process and skills groups every week, experiential activities in the community, onsite drug testing, as well as comprehensive family and parent support.
- Skills groups utilize evidence-based treatment methods such as Cognitive Behavioral Therapy (CBT), Dialectical Behavioral Therapy (DBT), Relapse Prevention (RP), and Motivational Interviewing for Adolescent Substance Abuse.
- We offer experiential activities, as well as outings within the community, to practice therapeutic skills learned in real life environments.
- Groups are co-facilitated by two or more group therapists.
- Specialty groups include art therapy, mindfulness, music therapy, and more.
- In-house Young People’s Recovery meeting open to the community that also serves as an alumni group.
- Collaboration with outside support (i.e. therapists, doctors, schools).
- Weekly family therapy, parent support group, and parent education group are included.
- Dinner is served nightly.
- Transportation available if needed.
- Continuity of care is emphasized: After graduating from program, group members are welcomed to come back once a week to join in our alumni group and check in about stressors of transition or progress since leaving group.
“Our goal is to not only plant seeds, but to create a space in which change and transformation can begin occurring in real-time. From process groups that explore the underlying roots of an addiction, to social skills building activities that bring the community to the client, our approach is holistically-minded and grounded in evidence-based research”
DAYS PER WEEK
Engage Beyond is a three-day-a-week program. Our goal in program is not only to teach our clients the skills to prevent and reduce the chances of relapse, but also how to live sober again and have fun! At Engage, we encourage our clients to create a positive sober support system and stronger connection to the community.